Hello,

I noticed that when installing OpenOffice.org 2.0, an Ifilter for OOo
docs start to work. For those interrested, an Ifilter is a filter used
by Index server to make plain-text searches in OOo docs under Windows.

I would like to separate this filter from the installation of OOo, and
make of it an independant package, with it own installer. So, I suppose,
that I could solve the problem the following way :

- Find the needed .dll.
- put those dll in the C:\WIN\system32.
- Register the dll (regsvr32.exe).
- Modify the registry so that those dll are seen by the search system.

This is explained at the following adress : http://tinyurl.com/avd8z

At the moment, I am a bit stucked... Actually, I think that the
following dll are needed, but do not know if those are the only ones :

OOOfilt.dll
OOOfiltproxy.dll
uwinapi.dll
stlport_vc7145.dll

I have problems with modifying the registry also. The MSDN, explains
that for filters, the following key should be changed to make a filter
work (using regedit) :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ContentIndex

But, when I take a look atfter OOo has been installed, this registry has
not been changed.

Does someone know how to do ? Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Pierre-Andre

PS : for OOo1.1.5, adding the filter would be a good feature !
--
"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how