Hello Matthias,

>>Okay, then open the .odb file, and do View|Refresh Tables.
> How can I script this from a Java or Basic program that knows only the
> name under which the database is registered?

Pidgin-UNO-Java:

oDS = css.sdb.DatabaseContext().XNameAccess.getByName( <url_or_name> )
oConn = oDS.XDataSource.connect( "", "" )
oTables = oConn.XTablesSupplier.getTables()
oTables.XRefreshable.refresh()
oConn.XCloseable.close()

See below.

> Well, if keeping the  View->Data Sources  window open counts as
> "working with a DB", then it's not a leak.

indeed

> The problem is
> that the program I'm writing needs to be able to reliably add new
> CSV-files regardless of whether a user has the Data Sources view open
> in some document or not.

Hmm. As you can see in the above code fragment, the tables are a
per-connection facet. That is, you can only refresh the tables for a
given connection (in the code above, it's oConn, which is closed
immediately afterwards, which probably renders this useless).

If you need to refresh the tables collection of *all* connections which
are opened somewhere in OOo .... Hmm. I can't think of any way to do
this, sorry.

There might be a somewhat cumbersome and pretty roundabout way if you
want to refresh the data source browser's content (the DSB is the thing
you get view "View->Data Sources"). I.e., if you know that the users are
seeing the data source in a DSB, and you want to refresh this DSB, there
might be a way. Not sure - but if you say this would be sufficient, we
could try to find one together :)

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -