Hi all
Members of lists users@openoffice.org recommended I bring this query to  the
dev list:

1. Topis as subject .. ./configure before compiling problem with cups.
2. I think  most relevant information in the following Sections - what am I
missing?-
3. OS FreeBSD 5.3 for more details see .config output

Sections begin with:
/*-----OpenOffice file Location--
/*---------./configure---
/*----locate cups.h----
/*------./configure --includedir=/usr/local/include/
/*------pkg_info cups-1.1.23.0
/*--------locate cups------Partial listing---

Sections start:
/*-----OpenOffice file Location--
EZGiver# cd config_office/
EZGiver# pwd
/usr/ports/distfiles/OpenOffice1.9.100-1/SRC680_m100/config_office

/*---------./configure---
EZGiver# ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gawk... /usr/local/bin/gawk
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking for solenv environment... default
checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsd5.3
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd5.3
checking target system type... i386-unknown-freebsd5.3
checking the FreeBSD operating system release... found OSVERSION=503001
checking which thread library to use... -pthread
checking whether to enable crashdump feature... yes, STATIC
checking whether to do a debug build... no
checking whether to build with additional debug utilities... no, full product
build
checking whether to include symbols into final build... yes
checking whether to enable native CUPS support... yes
checking whether to enable fontconfig support... yes
checking whether to enable filters for legacy binary file formats (StarOffice
5.2)... yes
checking whether to use RPATH in shared libraries... yes
checking whether to include MySpell dictionaries... yes
checking which shell to use... tcsh
checking for tcsh... /bin/tcsh
checking gcc home... /usr
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/gcc
checking the GNU gcc compiler version... checked (gcc 3.4.2)
checking whether gcc supports -fvisibility=hidden... no
checking for GNU make... --version: not found
gmake
checking the GNU make version... gmake 3.80
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking cups/cups.h usability... no
checking cups/cups.h presence... no
checking for cups/cups.h... no
configure: error: cups/cups.h could not be found. libcupsys2-dev or
cups???-devel missing?

/*----locate cups.h----
EZGiver# locate cups.h
/usr/local/include/cups/cups.h
/usr/ports/print/cups-lpr/work/cups-1.1.23/cups/cups.h
/usr/ports/print/cups-lpr/work/cups-1.1.23/scripting/php/php_phpcups.h

/*------./configure --includedir=/usr/local/include/
EZGiver# ./configure --includedir=/usr/local/include/
[...]

EZGiver# pkg_info cups-1.1.23.0
Information for cups-1.1.23.0:

/*--------locate cups---Partial listing---
EZGiver# locate cups ---Partial listing---
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/Xcupstr.h
/usr/local/bin/cups-config
/usr/local/bin/cupsdconf
/usr/local/bin/cupsdoprint
/usr/local/bin/cupstestppd
/usr/local/bin/make_driver_db_cups
/usr/local/etc/cups
/usr/local/etc/cups/certs
/usr/local/etc/cups/classes.conf
/usr/local/etc/cups/classes.conf.N
/usr/local/etc/cups/client.conf
/usr/local/etc/cups/client.conf.N
/usr/local/etc/cups/cupsd.conf
/usr/local/etc/cups/cupsd.conf.N
/usr/local/etc/cups/interfaces
/usr/local/etc/cups/mime.convs
/usr/local/etc/cups/mime.convs.N
/usr/local/etc/cups/mime.types
/usr/local/etc/cups/mime.types.N
/usr/local/etc/cups/ppd
/usr/local/etc/cups/printers.conf
/usr/local/etc/cups/printers.conf.N
/usr/local/etc/cups/pstoraster.convs
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/cups.sh.sample
/usr/local/include/cups
/usr/local/include/cups/cups.h
/usr/local/include/cups/http.h
/usr/local/include/cups/image.h
/usr/local/include/cups/ipp.h
/usr/local/include/cups/language.h
/usr/local/include/cups/md5.h
/usr/local/include/cups/ppd.h
/usr/local/include/cups/raster.h
/usr/local/lib/kde3/cupsdconf.la
/usr/local/lib/kde3/cupsdconf.so
/usr/local/lib/kde3/kdeprint_cups.la
/usr/local/lib/kde3/kdeprint_cups.so
/usr/local/lib/libcups.a
/usr/local/lib/libcups.so
/usr/local/lib/libcups.so.2
/usr/local/lib/libcupsimage.a
/usr/local/lib/libcupsimage.so
/usr/local/lib/libcupsimage.so.2
/usr/local/lib/libkdeinit_cupsdconf.la
/usr/local/lib/libkdeinit_cupsdconf.so

Thanks in advance
David
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May bound for Europe via Panama Canal.