Hi Jurgen,
 I presume that you realis the Azhar's email was moderated, meaning that he
was not subscribed to this mailing list. Which means of course that your
reply never got to him.

I really wish that the mail server was sertup in a saner way to either :
1) include the moderator emailer in the Reply-to field
2) include an OBVIOUS indication in the message that the mail was moderated
(e.g. Subject: [THIS IS EMAIL IS MODERATED] and whatever the original subject
is.

How many potential developers are we loosing this way ?

CPH

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 08:24, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi Azhar,
>
> i would suggest that you start with SDK examples, work with them,
> implement your own simple tasks and read the documentation (the
> Developers Guide). You will learn the basics about the API and after
> that you should be able to start working on other things (e.g. extensions).
>
> Juergen
>
> Azhar wrote:
> > Hello,
> > My name is Azhar Javaid, I am currently working as a Senior Software
> > Developer in a Software Organization. I want to get started with open
> > office development. It would be just great if you can help me in doing
> > so.
> >
> > Though i am not currently working in the languages that are required
> > in OpenOffice development like C++ and JAVA, but I have a strong
> > knowledge of these two great languages and with a little effort, I
> > hope that I can develop something in these languages and contribute in
> > the development of OpenOffice.
> >
> > Waiting for you response.
> >
> > Thanks.

CPH : openoffice.org contributor