So, it looks to me that there may be some "change history" (???) kept
in the OLE files, and with the options "on" OOo does not see the
difference with some of the old OLE and the changes they should
display.

I don't believe that, I assume that the Calc import filter has a problem.

You are probably right. I don't really understand what is going on anyway :)

Did you try a OOo1.9.x milestone? If it still doesn't work in this
version you could file an issue and attach your document (if possible
for privacy reasons). Otherwise I'm afraid we can't examine the problem.

I did not try any 1.9.x milestones because I work on Mac and font access/display is a mess with X11. I work with NeoOffice/J (OOo 1.1.4).

As for filing an issue, I am sorry but it is not possible. It is a confidential work document.

I'll try to reproduce the problem and if I can I'll file something.

Thank you for your help anyway.

Regards,

Jean-Christophe