Hi James,

James Black wrote:
I have System.out.println statements at the beginning of the methods,
and am running swriter.exe from within the windows command shell, but
none of my print statements are showing up.

Try printing to a file instead of System.out. If there still is no output, your code really isn't being called. Otherwise you may have run into the following snag:

On windows, GUI applications don't have their standard output connected to the command shell, so afaict you won't see anything from System.out.println even if your code is executed.

If you have access to a from-source build of openoffice.org, there is a remedy: The build produces a binary 'guistdio.com', which acts as a wrapper for gui application to connect their stdio to the console. To use it, copy it to <officeinstall>\program\soffice.com. If you now invoke <officeinstall>\program\soffice, the system will invoke soffice.com, which will in turn invoke soffice.exe with stdio connected to the command shell. (swriter is only a wrapper that invokes soffice)

HTH, Joerg

--
Joerg Barfurth              Sun Microsystems - Desktop - Hamburg
Software Engineer                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OpenOffice.org Configuration          http://util.openoffice.org