Hi,

I need to create a large Calc document from scratch via UNO. Calling
setFormula() for all the cells is pretty slow (about 1.5ms per Cell on
my 2800MHz computer). By introducing un/lockControllers() calls I've
managed to reduce the time to about 0.5ms, but when generating a large
document this is still painfully slow.

Does anyone have a suggestion for speeding the code up further?

I've noticed that while lockControllers() disables the synchronous
screen updates of the table itself, every call to setFormula() results
in the formula being displayed in the Formula bar. So there still
seems to be a lot of event processing going on. Is there anything else
I can do aside from lockControllers() to reduce event processing even
further? Note that disabling the Formula bar in View/Toolbars does not
give a very significant speed up.

Matthias