Hi all,

* Initially I would suggest -Wno-reorder (I think)

There are a HUGE number of errors caused simply by the order of the
variables in the class declaration and I have only found one instance
where it indicated a real error (parent initialisation depended on child
data).  The needle for this one is small and the haystack particularly
large.  Because of the pervasiveness of this change merges afterwards a
PAINFUL!  I speak from experience.  I would think about doing this
module by module as a separate exercise.

Actually, the whole remove-warnings effort is a big effort. I doubt, if we will be able to do a similar large effort soon after. So I would suggest to include this kind of warning the first time, too.

The problem with broken patches will happen later as well - so better make it right now, than postpone the problems.

Also, as Mathias wrote, I know this warning to highlight very serious errors in a few cases. To find those, we have to remove the other ones (this is the same as what the whole CWS is about: removing the useless warnings to get real information from new ones).

Nikolai