Samuel Johan wrote:

I'm a microsoft certified in VB.NET. I'm just wondering if I can contribute
something. I knew little bit of Microsoft C# and I have Microsoft Visual studio
2005. I'm just wondering if this can be useful.
Great! [Side note... I wonder if it would be good to have a page to redirect enquiries like this towards... that maps 'skills offered' to areas of involvement, and some hints on how to offer help and get involved ... Aha! ] Go to www.openoffice.org, click on Contributing, you get to http://contributing.openoffice.org/ You're interested in Programming, click on it, you get to http://contributing.openoffice.org/programming.html The first link here is to the Development Category - that's just a list of resources.
The next one is to TODOs which is where you can find areas needing help.
Then you have an explanation that most of OOo is Java and C++ but you can use other languages. VB.NET isn't mentioned here, but since you know more than one language already learning something slightly different isn't impossible ;-) This also points to the Developers Guide

After that is a list of suggestions. I would recommend taking number 5 - "fix a bug". In order to do this you really need to build OpenOffice.org yourself. This isn't the easiest or quickest thing in the world but ask questions on the mailing list if you get stuck, and be patient. And finally towards the end is suggestion 8 which is what you have actually done! Well done!

Well that was a ramble but I hope its helpful, welcome to the community! By the way, its probably a good idea to subscribe to the mailing lists you post to as then you won't miss return posts intended for you

David