Hi Michele,

Michele Zarri wrote:
Thanks Andrew,

took a look at your examples, but I am not sure anymore if the configuration
service is really what I want...

I guess that what I want is similar to creating a registry entry under
windows XP.

The configuration is the OOo equivalent of the Windows registry. Like the registry it is a hierarchical database. It differs from the Windows registry in that we require keeping track of what entries can go where by means of a schema. You can't simply create a value of any type anywhere within the hierarchy; instead you need to have a schema that describes your value, its data type and possibly default value (or a container where you can put arbitrary values).

When OOo is opened (ideally already with the quick start) a
string (i.e. the path to the file I want to open) is made available to the
macros. (How/where the macros will read it will be the subject of a
subsequent email :) )

Unless you can accomodate you data within an existing OOo configuration schema, you need to install a configuration schema of your own with your macro (you can deploy configuration schemas as part of UNO packages). When the schema is installed, you can have your macro read or write the data at any time. The data is loaded when it is first read and then kept in memory (unless it isn't referenced in 15 minutes, in which case it may get unloaded).

HTH, Joerg

--
Joerg Barfurth              Sun Microsystems - Desktop - Hamburg
Software Engineer                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OpenOffice.org Configuration          http://util.openoffice.org