Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:

Hi Eike,

If DstType and SrcType refer to the same type (which is often the case),
using one of Sequence's ctors is faster, i.e.

[...]
This is a perfectly good example of why a wiki is better for such type
of collaborative work than a mailing list could ever be..

Hmm. Is a wiki really better for discussing things which are still
evolving? My (who I am seldomly working with Wikis, admittedly)
impression with Wikis is that they are not really good in exchanging
opinions about a problem, on the track to a final mutual solution.
I think they can be really good at it. I've used a wiki for one issue (12719) to draft a specification - this means that different people can edit the document in a nice ad-hoc way. You can always use a wiki page to have separate sections for different opinions if this is needed.
However I think sometimes email / chat is better for debate

David