So the folks at my new job decided to really give me a trial by
fire...they'd like me to outline a clear and detailed outline of how
to include .doc to .html conversion in our product, in an automated
kind of way.

Openoffice seems to handle the basic task gracefully through the UI.
Can anyone tell me if there's a commandline version that would enable
this from the commandline?  Or, possibly even better, is there a
specific callable module responsible for this, is there an
intermediate in-memory format that can be marshalled/unmarshalled with
the various file formats?

I'm at a bit of a loss to know where to start code diving...would it
be a better idea for a n00b to start using the CVS feed, or is there a
downloadable archive lurking around on one of the websites?

Thanks for any and all advice!  I'm really in dire straits here, so
suggestions are acts of mercy...

-Kirk