Hi Juan,

Seems like there is quite a number of users that are making use of Open Office
to convert documents. I would like to suggest that we start a project that is
specifically targeted at performing this task. I don't know how many of you
would use such an application in an commercial environment, I know I will
benefit from such a project.

I am willing to donate the code I have already developed to such a project if
somebody else is willing to contribute on improving the reliability and quality
of it.

My basic requirements are:

1) Conversion between arbitrary file formats (supported filters in the OO
library).
2) Running as a reliable service on a server. (At the moment this is
implemented as a service that polls a queue folder. This may also be
implemented as a web-service.)
3) Implemented in Java
4) Able to set parameters for the conversion process.
5) License should allow the use in commercial applications (Apache License, et
al).

Something similar exists (though I'm not sure how similar it is to your suggestion), you may want to have a look at http://oooconv.free.fr/index_en.html

Cyrille