Erwin Tenhumberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> A submitted article has to have at least 2000 words (about two pages
> of text) excluding embedded source code snippets and screenshots.

2000 words is a _lot_ more than two pages of text. I write word counted
articles for a living, and two thousand words is about five pages, using
single spaced text with a 12pt gap between paragraphs.

> Only articles written in English can be accepted. However, teams
> can submit articles together, so that one developer can create the
> content and someone else can translate it to English.
> Submissions have to be sent to the mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (does not exist yet!) on or before the
> submission deadline date. Only content that has been created
> AFTER the start date of the contest can be submitted, e.g.
> old articles and blog entries can be used.

The last sentence should surely read "Only Content that has been created
after the start date of the contest can be submitted , i.e. old articles
and blog entries cannot be used."

As a general point, what sort of developers are you targetting? The kind
of thing that might encourage an experience C++ developer to work on
openoffice rather than, I don't know, mozilla, is surely very different
to the kind of thing that might encourage a scientist to write a small
useful calc add-on in python.

I'm sure we should encourage both, but it might help the quality of
sbmissions of people know what to aim at.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.