My apologies for not making comments sooner.

Some time ago I was asked if I would be willing to be one of the judges
for this competition and said "yes" without really thinking about the
ramifications of the competition.

A prize can be an incentive to encourage people but if not carefully
thought through can also be a disincentive.

My concerns are as follows:

 * Old articles not being included could disappoint people that have
worked long and hard on the project.

 * By requiring it to be a separate article is actively discouraging
people from using the more collaborative approach of the wiki.

 * Possibly the focus on documentation is too narrow.

My preference would be to have a site where people could be nominated
and voted on by registered OOo people for services rendered to the OOo
community.

As areas are identified by the community council as needing more input
the prize for that month could be targeted to being for a particular
type of service to the community.

Thanks, Ian