Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
Tobias Krais wrote:
Hi Jürgen,

yep. same script here on Debian. other path, though.
If it's really needed and would work I guess we could add some soffice
link (like /usr/bin/soffice -> /usrr/bin/ooffice -> calls the right
soffice), too..

/usr/bin/soffice should be a link directly to
<officepath>/program/soffice otherwise it won't work.
In the past the setup has inserted such a link and the bootstrap
mechanism uses this information (resolves the link and set an
appropriate classpath). But it seems that this search mechanism is not
reliable and the best way is to include the <office>/program directory
of the office you want to use in your PATH.
Today we insert a link staroffice or openoffice (somewhere) when i
remember correctly, maybe the bootstrap search algorithm is not adapted.
I will check it.

I tried to create a link from /usr/bin/soffice to
/usr/lib/openoffice/programm/soffice, but it did not work. Only adding
/usr/lib/openoffice/programm/soffice to my classpath in project helped.

mmh, strange i will tkae a closer look on it asap.

i've tested it with a m145 build and it works fine after i have created a symbolic link /usr/bin/soffice -> <offiepath>/program/soffice.
There is maybe a problem with your Java, i used Sun's jdk1.5.0_02.

But of course there is still the open question why this perl script is necessary, i can't see any problems with a defaut installtion at the moment

Juergen

Juergen

Greetings, Tobias