Quoting NAKATA Maho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> In Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Chris White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > As for that status, it's compiled about 75% through (I estimate) and
> nothin=
> > g's=20
> > bombed out so far.
> you seem to have installed SUN or Blackdown's jdk ;)

but maybe not - see below

> there are some breakages:
> JAVADOC (need gjdoc)
> JAVACMD (to use ant with gcj, configure stage and etc...)
> JAR     (berkeleydb)
> JAVA    (berkeleydb)

Some distributions provide commands such as java, javac and javadoc which are
linked to corresponding gij, gcj commands so that those breakages might not be
seen, for example I think package java-gcj-compat does this? This hides problems
like the hardcoded java and use of gcj in berkeleydb issue 54657

Jim