--- Jens-Heiner Rechtien
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> Well to me it looks like your checkout is broken
> because you definitely missing at least two required
> modules. You can check them out by name, for example
> "cvs -d ... co epm". It's no wonder your build broke

Ok, that's the explanation. That and why I disabled I
already explained - truly my fault.
What makes the unodevtools directory missing I don't
know.

> BTW ... you did check out? Or did you download the
> source tarball and the modules are missing in the
> source tarball?

2.0.1 source tarball. It's an directory unotools
there, but no unodevtools. I just started another try
to compile that tarball and for this adventure I
additionally checked out unodevtools via CVS. May it
help.

> Epm creates the rpm-archives, that's the regular way
> to obtain installation sets.

Ok, but the point I don't get (and you seem to miss
seeing) is *why* do I need an installation set.
That's ok if I just want compile and use OOo, but do
all you developers constantly tweak the source,
compile *and then* build installation sets, install
OOo and see if your tweak worked?
Doesn't OOo run from the compilation target directory?

> There used to be a way to just create tar-balls,
> don't know if it still works. It should, but it
might
> be not that often  used and thus subject to bit rot.

Oh, nice. If it works I'm looking forward getting
rpm's my system (FreeBSD as mentioned) can't handle
(by default).

> Won't work every time :-)

Sure, I'll not rely on that.

http://oootranslation.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/

Thanks, they're there (someone should update the
docs). But, as expected not, for my "exotic" system.

Johannes