Andreas,

Andreas Höhmann wrote:

hello,

have anyone a nice/clean multi-instance-installer for openoffice.
if I understand correctly, you don't need this, but see below ...

nice would be a service-installer for windows too?

the goal is to start 1..n openoffice-instances (linux/windows),
each listening on a different socket (-accept=socket,port=ABC,...)
For UNIX I suggest to use UNIX domain sockets in case of colocation of client and server, instead of TCP ...
but with minimal admineffort/minimal harddisk-usage (for each instance
do a complete oo-installation is possible but not the best solution!)
Every running office instance needs its own user data (directory), you can provide a pointer to the user directory by providing a reasonable directory via the command line, e.g.

soffice -env:UserInstallation=<user directory for instance #1>
soffice -env:UserInstallation=<user directory for instance #2>
soffice -env:UserInstallation=<user directory for instance #n>

if the passed directory has not been populated yet, OOo asks for some data and fills it on the first start.
and under windows ... the instances should start at system-start
(without a logged in user).
May be something around the quickstarter combined with "UserInstallation" ? Any windows gurus around?

any ideas/scripts/?
See above.

thxs && have a nice day

andreas