Hello,

I am doing printer driver development and I noticed some oddities
with various versions of OpenOffice.

The printer I am working with has unique paper sizes, and so I
have defined these sizes in the PPD for the printer.

OpenOffice 1 (that ships with RedHat 9) cannot see these paper sizes
in the printing menu.  As a result, I cannot print from OpenOffice 1
(formatting issues).

OpenOffice 2.0.2 can see these sizes, and is even so kind as to
adjust my document accordingly.  However, for some sizes it
confuses width and height, so my papersize is "landscape" instead
of "portrait" orientation.  The width/height is described correctly
in the PPD file.

I have some questions:

How does the printing system work (in regards to printer-specific
options) in OpenOffice 1 and OpenOffice 2?

Is it possible to see my printers PPD options in OpenOffice 1?

Why is OpenOffice 2.0.2 "mucking" up the width/height values for some
sizes?

I would like to be able to print from all versions of OpenOffice if
possible.  My driver uses the standard CUPS/foomatic-rip system.

Thanks,
Lesley.