Hi Royshh,

I would like to contribute to OpenOffice Writer. I have a degree in
computers and am familiar with a number of languages including C++.
How do I begin?

http://contributing.openoffice.org/programming.html describes ways you can help as a programmer, you can also, since you seem interested in the Writer application, visit http://sw.openoffice.org and join dev@sw.openoffice.org to get in touch with developers for that module and get more information on how specifically you could contribute.

Cyrille