Hi Manuel,

Yes, that was very good help ! But, as usual, everything did not work as expected :'( This code :

XInterface xViewRoot = (XInterface)xConfigProvider.createInstanceWithArguments(
                "com.sun.star.configuration.ConfigurationAccess",
                properties);

throws a WrappedTargetException with the following error code :

com.sun.star.lang.WrappedTargetException: /org.mycomp.mypackage.Settings/URLs (and for locale fr) could not be created. Unable to retrieve the node from the configuration server.
The backend returned the following error:
Layer merging: No data to merge with

My .xsd and .xcu files are now like this :

<oor:component-schema
    oor:name="Settings"
    oor:package="org.mycomp.mypackage"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://openoffice.org/2001/registry component-schema.xsd"
    xmlns:oor="http://openoffice.org/2001/registry";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xml:lang='en-US'>
I don't think you need this (but I may be wrong).
    <oor:component>
        <group oor:name="URLs">
            <prop oor:name="dataPath" oor:type="oor:string">