Sad enough there's no perl-binding for UNO there have been effords but I
think none of them ever reached the goal. But if you know other languges
like e.g.:
- Python
- Java you can create such PPT-Files using the UNO-API of OpenOffice.
For more information take a look into the dev-guide[1].

You can ask questions about the api on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[1] http://api.openoffice.org/DevelopersGuide/DevelopersGuide.html

Tom