Rene Engelhard wrote:
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2006 17:08 schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
it can't work. The bootstrap mechanism searches for an soffice in the
path, links are resolved and when a executable is found (binary or
script) the mechanism expects that the executable is found in a office
program directory  and the known directory structure is interpreted in
some way to bootstrap.
A link soffice to ooffice won't help  because the ooffice script is in
usr/bin and the bootstrap mechanism will fail. In this case you have to
use the UNP_PATH environment variable.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I really have to add a soffice link into
/usr/bin pointing to /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice, then...
Will be in the next packages' revision (i.e. 2.0.3-1 with current plans)

What exactly is the contents of the /usr/bin/ooffice script, then? That is, when you add a link from /usr/bin/soffice to /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice through which OOo can be started, why not also make /usr/bin/ooffice a link to /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice (or to the new /usr/bin/soffice)?

-Stephan

Regards,

Rene