Hi Joachim,

>> I read that OOo framework knows two modes: application mode and direct
>> mode. Direct mode is what I need, because it does not read existing
>> configuration. How can I start soffice or unopkg in direct mode?

> The problem with OOo is that it is configured to use application mode.
> That is, all java-related settings are made persistent and the options
> dialog relies on the persistend data. To this end there is jvmfwkrc
> which contains a path to the javasettings_xyz.xml.
>
> However you could of course try the direct mode. But bear in mind that
> the options dialog is not prepared to deal with it. You may run into
> trouble here.

It seems that won't matter. If I start OOo like this: "soffice
-env:UNO_JAVA_JFW_JREHOME=file:///usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.06/"
the content of the Java options dialog will be greyed out and the
selected JRE is showed. See below...

>> What must my jvmfwk3rc look like for direct mode? Is this OK:
>> -----%<-----
>> [Bootstrap]
>> UNO_JAVA_JFW_ENV_JREHOME=true
>> UNO_JAVA_JFW_ENV_CLASSPATH=true
>> UNO_JAVA_JFW_VENDOR_SETTINGS=javavendors.xml
>> -----%<-----

> You've got this certainly from your build environment. The direct mode
> was initially designed to support java in the build environment where
> there are no user settings.
>
> The jvmfwk3rc above may work if you adapt the path to the
> javavendors.xml. Have also a look into the jvmfwk3rc in the program
> directory of your office. It contains a variable:
> UNO_JAVA_JFW_CLASSPATH_URLS
> which contains jar files which are put on the class path. I am not sure
> if this value is also used if using direct mode.

This seems to be uninteresting if I look to the solution below.

> The header jvmfwk/framework.h contains also some helpful information.
> There is also a variable UNO_JAVA_JFW_JREHOME which can be used to point
> directly to a JRE. The paths have to be file URLs. You could for example
> start soffice this way.
>
> soffice -env:UNO_JAVA_JFW_JREHOME=file:///java/myJRE

That seems to solve my problem, as i wrote above.

> I am not sure if this automatically overrides the value from the user
> settings. But if you remove UNO_JAVA_JFW_USER_DATA and perhaps
> UNO_JAVA_JFW_SHARED_DATA then it may work.

Seems to be not necessary.

[...]

Now I want to do a second step. I want to use unopkg to register a
uno.pkg. The registration itself does not work with FSF JRE 1.4, but
with JRE 1.5, although the package itself works with JRE 1.3 and above.
How can I change the Variable UNO_JAVA_JFW_JREHOME for the unopkg call?
unopkg does not support the -env command. How can I solve this?

Greetings, Tobias