On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 11:59 +0200, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> >> Did I say you can't save at all? Please read again: I tried to explain
> >> that you can't rely on getting asked for saving your document if you
> >> close the browser window (or browse in it to another location) before
> >> you saved the document by yourself. It is so easy to hit the close
> >> button, especially if you are used to get asked for saving in case you
> >> forgot to save before. It might not happen very often but even one time
> >> can be very painful.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Mathias
> >>
> > No need for the smart mouth. You mean you have set up your system in
> > this manner? Too bad. Better you should have your browser open an
> > instance of OOo then having the browser go away will not hurt.  Simply
> > modify your browser to do that.
>
> But that wasn't what the OP wanted to achieve: he wanted to edit the
> documents inside the browser (at least that's what I read from his mail)
> and this is what I don't recommend.
>
> Of course you can use the browser as a "launch pad" for the documents
> and so don't have the problems I talked about but I thought it's too
> trivial to mention it. Unfortunately that isn't "embedding OOo into
> Mozilla XUL environment" as requested.

Well OOo is not a browser app as you know. THe description of the
problem led be to believe that the OP has set his brwoser up improperly;
hence the suggestion. In my own experience, I set my browser to invoke
an instance of OOo on my desktop to separated it from network outages
and finger problems.

So, after all this, I suggest that you enter an Request for Enhancement
(RFE) into Issue
Tracker as this is the best way to have requests such as this evaluated.

If you haven't already registered, do the following:

     1. To file an issue you must register with OOo by clicking the
        My Pages tab and selecting the Register link
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Join
     2. Fill in your information
     3. Reply to the confirmation email that will be sent to the address
        you provided.
     4. Once you have confirmed, go to www.openoffice.org again
     5. And click on the "My Pages" tab from which you can file and find
issues.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is important that you file
any examples with the issue to ensure your need is understood.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead