Le Vendredi 30 Juin 2006 09:29, Jürgen Schmidt a écrit :
> mmh not sure if you can help at the moment. That we will open source the
> guide is as likely as not (everything else would be surprising for me).
> But we currently evaluating the format. The guide was transformed into
> solbook which is a docbook derivate and used inside Sun's documentation
> department. The documentation department prefer docbook as source format
> to make use of a lot of existing tools to work with the format. Docbook
> is established as the preferred format for documentation in the open
> source world. On the other side we have our Open Document Format and the
> office would be the best tool to work on the docu but there are some
> disadvantages (i think most of them are post processing issues, i will
> provide more info asap) compared to docbook.

DocBook allows to concentrate on the semantics, while OOo focuses on the
presentation. That makes DocBook a better format for documentation. You can
derive presentation from semantics, not the contrary.

Okay, using a lot of styles in OOo may help. But still, one has to keep that
funbdamental difference in mind.

Besides that, almost all Open Source projects now use DocBook.

--
Si on ne peut pas toujours compter sur ses amis, on peut toujours compter son
or.