Dave Calkins wrote:
I'd like to be able to export to an Excel file from my app which will be running in a shop floor environment on a machine which would not have MS Office or Open Office installed.

Why don't you just install OOo and control it using the API?

Would it be feasible to re-use the Excel file writing code from OpenOffice? I downloaded the OO SDK and was scanning the developer's guide, however, it seems to be coming from the approach of connecting to a running OO instance as opposed to re-using OO code in your own app (on a machine which wouldn't have OO installed).

If you really want to use parts of our source, there's a bit of an overview of the Excel filter classes at http://sc.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList under "Source Code Documentation". It's not completely up to date, but it might help to get started.

Niklas