Hi Matthias,

> top and left outside: #808080
> top and left inside: #404040
> bottom and right: #d4d0c8
>
> When I save this document and open it under Linux, I get the following colors:
> top and left outside: #adaead
> top and left inside: #000000
> bottom and right: #efefef

This shouldn't be the case. Controls which are part of the document are
explicitly designed to look the same regarsdless of the platform. Which
is different to controls in e.g. Basic dialogs, which are desgined to
use the theming of the OS.

The colors you describe - are they from the theming of your OS?

If so, could you run a small basic macro which tells you the
NativeWidgetLook property of the control?

> I don't know. One could argue that the checkboxes should be consistent
> with other checkboxes, which would  require using Operating System
> colors. I assume that's what OOo does currently and in fact that's
> what I'm interested in.

Well, for controls in documents in was explicitly decided to not use OS
colors, because they are part of the document, and you wouldn't expect
other parts of the document - say, the heading colors - to change with
the platform where you open the doc.

You can, in theory, override this with the NativeWidgetLook property as
mentioned above, on a per-control basis.

> If OOo gets these colors from OS settings,
> which are those? Settings from GTK? Something else?

AFAIK, they use a desktop-provided API saying "paint a check box", i.e.
OOo doesn't retrieve the colors and paint the checkbox itself, but the
OS is to paint it. However, I'm not sure about this. [EMAIL PROTECTED] probably
knows this level of details.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -