Hi,

What would be the minimal acceptable function and code quality that OpenOffice.org would accept for a Microsoft Works import filter? Right now I have about 500 lines of spaghetti C++ that dumps the plain text to stdout for Works 4 (old, but seems to be the most popular on the Internet) and Works version 8 (aka 2005). Version 7 should probably work as is. However, Works 2000 (aka 5) looks somewhat different. I realize this code is not yet helpful, but I'm looking ahead.

For the future, I'm considering creating a library with an API similar to libwpd, so the Works-OpenOffice.org integration should be easy (I hope). Eventually, the filter should process text styles, alignment, page size, etc., but at what point would the import filter be acceptable?

Andrew