Thomas Schaap wrote:
> Mikhail Voitenko schreef:
>
>>A stream is always compressed before encrypting by the package
>>component. The checksum is generated based on the first 1024 bytes of
>>the compressed stream data using SHA1 algorithm ( if the stream is
>>smaller the whole stream is taken ). This is why it is named SHA1/1K.
>
> Thanks for your answer. This explains why I couldn't get any results.
> I'll be trying this soon enough. You have any idea if SHA1/1K is
> accepted or even used by all known implementations of ODF? Being
> complete seems a good idea to me :D.

Currently I have information only about two sourcebases that support ODF
format: OOo and KOffice. The first one supports this solution, the
implementation for the second one is currently in progress as I
understand :).

Actually OOo uses this checksum to check the password correctness, and
it is possible to open an encrypted document even if this checksum is
not in manifest.xml ( the only problem can be to handle wrong password
case correctly ).
I mean that even if this checksum information is completely ignored, the
document can be successfuly opened with correct password. Although using
of the checksum makes the password checking consistent. Thus I would
reccomend to use it.

Best regards,
Mikhail.