Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 17. August 2006 16:15 schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> Kai Backman wrote:
> > The work Rene has done with the cross compilation is great, but I
> > think we need to minimize the number of -required- external
> > dependencies.
> >
> > Here is my suggestion for a solution:
> > - Check unowinreg.dll back into the repository and use it by default
> > without recompilation on all platforms.
> > - Include a configure switch that forces recompilation of the DLL. On
> > win32 this uses the standard compiler, on !win32 mingw32.
[...]
> +1 that is exactly the solution i have in mind and i have initially
> assumed that it would be solved in this way and that the cross
> compilation is only an option for people who can't live with the
> precompiled dll.

No, in the issue you opposed cross-compiling in general and questioned the sense
to build it at all.
That's not exactly the solution Kai proposed and neither is that how you
reacted in
the issue.

Of course, if you now changed your mind and think that cross-compiling does
make sense,
good...

Regards,

Rene
--
René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer -- Debian OOo Maintainer-Team
http://www.debian.org | http://people.debian.org/~rene/ | [EMAIL PROTECTED]