W wrote:

>>>The XExtendedToolkit supports an XFocusListener which should "keep track
>>>of the object that currently has the input focus.", but it does not seem
>>>to track the keyboard input focus (e.g. you do not get focus events when
>>>changing between two Writer windows).
>>>I like your honest opinion and I could not agree more. If I could just
>>>add a top-level (global :-)) listener which could inform me of the
>>>active window then I would be more than happy to add a second listener
>>>to that window.
>>
>> So something like a notification that notifies listeners each time when
>> the focus window changes (by sending an event containing a reference to
>> it) and also sends out notifications if the caret position (or perhaps
>> also the mouse position) in this window has changed?
>
> Yes, that sounds like what I need - do you know a way to do it?

Not really. It might be possible with a clever combination of the
gazillions of events you can get - but I can't recommend something.

>> As we are currently reviewing our toolkit related APIs this is a
>> valuable input for out future plans also.
>
> Sounds interesting. Can you tell more about the future plans?

We are currently doing a "gap analysis" - what does our toolkit offer
today, what do developers need and which internal functionality (based
on VCL) should be exposed via UNO APIs. This analysis is nearly finished
and will be published pretty soon. I will add your problem to the
analysis because I think that it is a more general one. I know that the
necessary functionality is available internally (in VCL) so we "only"
need to out an API around it.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.