Joachim Lingner <joachim.lingner <at> sun.com> writes:

> > Thank you again Joaquin -- it worked fine.  However, as you suggested in a
> > prior posting, the applet is still having problems loading some programs.
Do
> > you have any links for code that I can re-work to get around this
problem?
> No unfortunately not.
> > imagine that I would need to re-write the OOoBeanViewer with a new class
> > loader.
> In the applet tag of the html page you could pass the office location as
> parameter. Your classloader could then use this to build the URL to all
> needed jars in <office>/program/classes. These are typically
> officebean.jar
> jurt.jar
> ridl.jar
> unoil.jar
> java_uno.jar
> juh.jar
>

> > I can tell you that I re-directed the Apache server to the openoffice
folder
> > via an alias and I can confirm that the redirection is working.  In the
Linux
> > server, I can run the applet successfully if I navigate FireFox to the
applet
> > html page via File Open.  On the other hand, if I navigate FireFox to the
same
> > html via http://localhost or https://localhost I get
> > a "java.lang.ClassFormatError: Truncated class file" exception.  I get the
> > same exception if I navigate my PC's Iternet Explorer to the server applet.
> This looks like a corrupted class file. This looks more like a problem
> of the webserver, than a programming issue.
>
> Joachim

> > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help <at> openoffice.org

Where can I download the source code for the LocalOfficeConnection and OOoBean
classes ?  I think that the problem arises in the method getProgramPath of the
LocalOfficeConnection.  I reproduced the method in a simple applet and it
crashes (with the same truncation error) when the
NativeLibraryLoader.getResource is called.  I think that I can replace the
getProgramPath so that it returns a string with a parameter entered int he
applet tag as you suggested.  These classes are compiled inside the officebean
jar and I can extend these classes and replace them if I have the source code.