ramboid wrote:
Joachim Lingner <joachim.lingner <at> sun.com> writes:

ramboid wrote:
Joachim Lingner <joachim.lingner <at> sun.com> writes:

Clovis Wichoski wrote:

Joachim
TIA

Clóvis

This class also worked very well for me and it appears to provide the
solution
that we were looking for. How would you suggest that we apply the
policies,
that you uploaded to this project, without having to set the applet
runttime
settings of every PC that will run the applet?

There is probably no other way to set the policy manually in the control panel. This cannot be done programmatically, because this would allow all applets to set access rights as they like.
Maybe a signed applet is the solution. For more information look here:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/plugin/developer_guide/rsa_signing.ht
ml
Joachim
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help <at> openoffice.org

Thank you Joaquim,
How would you suggest that I implement an Interceptor for the OOoViewer? I am running the applet by adding the three classes to a signed jar: two from the OOoVier and one for the interceptor. I can invoke the interceptor by reflection and add the OOoViewer XFrame to the Inerceptor. However, the Interceptor seems to fail in intercepting events. When the applet starts, I see that the icon for the Save button is dimmed (I am intercepting every event). I type a few words in the Writer and several properties are outputted in the Java console. Afterwards the Save button is active again and the Save event saves files in the hard disk.

I am thinking that I should write my own OOBean with an interceptor included. Perhaps I can extend the OOBean and attached the extended OOBean to an interceptor. The OOoViewer would work with the custom OOoBean.
Thats one solution. You can get the current frame you wanted to intercept, query for XDispatchProviderInterception and register your own Interceptor object, for example something like

XDispatchProvider orgdispatcher = (XDispatchProvider)UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XDispatchProvider.class, frame);

XDispatchProviderInterception xRegistration = (XDispatchProviderInterception)UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XDispatchProviderInterception.class, frame);

MyInterceptor inter = new MyInterceptor(/*maybe parameters*/);

// you should store the original dispatcher
inter.setMasterDispatchProvider(orgdispatcher);
                xRegistration.registerDispatchProviderInterceptor(inter);

Juergen

By the way, I certified the applet and the OOoViewer is working fine. I also altered the policy file that you uploaded to the Attic as follows:

grant {
  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "loadLibrary.*";
  permission java.io.FilePermission "C:\\Program Files\\OpenOffice.org 2.0
\\program\\*", "read";
  permission java.io.FilePermission "C:\\Program Files\\OpenOffice.org 2.0
\\program\\classes\\*", "read";
  permission java.util.PropertyPermission "*", "read";
};

The applet works fine with the less permissive policy.