Hi Michael,

Michael Meeks wrote:
        So - my experience is that the more people involved in a decision - the
less likely any decision is to be taken: consider the difficulty of
choosing a restaurant with 3 people vs. 10 people. "I don't like
Chinese", "I can't walk far", "I know this place ..."

        Do you observe that phenomena too ? [ every week ? ]

sure. Every day.
But still your 10 people will come up - after some discussion - with a choice that the majority can live with. While by not asking in advance, you would end up with a not so pleasing choice like what we encountered on a certain Sunday evening in Lyon... (insider joke)

Have a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Declaration_of_Independence and ask what would have happened to the former British colony without a written declaration? Thomas Jefferson etc. would have been imprisoned or shot down as terrorists who are conspiring against the Crown... But instead, there were many discussions, and a presentation of the first draft http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trumbull%27s_Declaration_of_Independence and surely some other formal handshaking.

These days, the iTeam's dress code is a little bit more modern that on John Trumbull's painting, and the drafts and final results are published worldwide instead of presenting them to the Higher Ones.

So, Michael, live long and prosper and continue to submit valuable features to OOo.

Regards
Uwe
--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany