Hi Christian,

>>>And if you need to change your whole feature multiple times, then you
>>>ought to thing before. (and again this doesn't relate on how to actually
>>>code it, but on what the feature is supposed to do)
>>
>>      Anyone that thinks they can sit down and design a perfect system and
>>then implement it, without some (perhaps substantial) degree of
>>iterative fixing is [ I think ] deluding themselves.
>
> Again you seem to be too much fixated on how to actually code that
> feature.
> Again this is not what I expect. And whether you rework the whole
> features 3 times a month, or once after 3 Months is quite a difference,
> isn't it?

Yes: It's one time 9 days of work, as opposed to 9 times one day of work :)

Seriously:

I think what Michaal is saying here is that your above statement "And if
you need to change your whole feature multiple times, then you ought to
think before" is perhaps too general, and doesn't take into account that
every creation (which is more than implementation) of a feature is an
iterative process. It doesn't mean you haven't thought before, it just
means you met reality.

At least, that's also my experience: If the project is sufficiently
complex, then you can forget about the "specify, implement, test" waterfall.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -