Hi Jim,
>>> I have created an extension for the Firefox browser. It adds a new
>>> main menu with a list of OpenOffice.org related URLs and it adds a
>>> search context menu to the IssuesZilla and OO.o search engine.  It is
>>> an easy way to access the OpenOffice.org web page
>>>
>>> Please find more on the Wiki page, there you could download the
>>> extension :
>>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Firefox_OpenOffice.org_extension
>>>
>> Looks very interesting!
>>
>> Just tried to install the downloaded xpi-file on Windows XP, but Firefox
>> reports a problem with the hash (assumes an error in downloading). Did
>> repeat the download and attempt to install to no avail.
> I just tried here on iMac (intel) and it worked fine,
thank you for this feedback/hint!

It made me think that something was wrong with my running instance of
Firefox. So I shut it down (but had to kill the process eventually) and
restarted it and tried to install the Firefox extension, which lo and
behold has worked for me now as well !

Regards,

---rony