Hi Stephan,

On Thursday, 2006-11-16 10:29:12 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

> With CWS icuupgrade (currently SRC680m193) the situation for X11 changes
> as follows:
>
> >- On Windows, Writer shows a correct glyph; cursor traveling and
> >selection work.  On X11, Writer shows two boxes instead of a single
> >correct glyph; cursor traveling left/right works by treating the two
> >boxes as a single unit (but traveling up/down may bring you into the
> >middle of the two boxes), selection treats the two boxes as individual
> >units.
>
> Selection works now.

Fine. Glyph still shown as two boxes? Might be some work for Herbert.

> >- Behavior in a text control (tried "File - Properties... - Description
> >- Title" is that two boxes instead of a single correct glyph are shown,
> >and cursor traveling and selection treat the two boxes as individual
> >units (on both Windows and X11).
>
> No changes here.

Sounds like the control doesn't use the i18n breakiterator.

Thanks for testing.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 Please don't send personal mail to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] account, which I use