com.sun.star.comp.helper.BootstrapException: no office executable  found!

When you access OpenOffice from JAVA, at least the juh.jar located in OpenOffice.org 2.0/program/classes/juh.jar (where the BootStrap class resides) must be in your classpath.

If you copy the juh.jar at another place and you place it in your classpath, this will *not* work (OpenOffice returns no office executable found!).

As a consequence, I always leave all the openoffice jars in their original directory, and I put these jars in the server (tomcat) classpath.

Hope this helps,

Eric

Markus Auchmann wrote:
Hi guys,

currently I'm working on an application where I try to use OpenOffice in a
Tomcat servlet. I'm running Tomcat 5.5.20 and OpenOffice 2.1. To talk to
OpenOffice I decided to use the BSF4Rexx engine which works properly with my servlet. But when I try to invoke OpenOffice I get an error. The scripts are
all running fine when trying it without the servlet, so this is a
Tomcat/OpenOffice/Configuraiton issue.

Here is a part of the error which I receive from Tomcat:

----------------->8--------------------
Exception in thread "http-8080-Processor25" org.apache.bsf.BSFException: /// Java-exception (RexxAndJava) occurred: [com.sun.star.comp.helper.BootstrapException: no office executable found!] \\\ BSF4Rexx subfunction "invoke": object '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' - method [BOOTSTRAP], method not found or error
(exception) executing method!

I added all necessary lib's to my lib directory of my application but
apparently tomcat is not able to speak with OpenOffice. As BSF4Rexx itself
is calling Java to talk to OpenOffice there may be a problem with Java,
Tomcat and OpenOffice as the script is running fine when executing it from
the console without the servlet.

Maybe someone of you can give me a hint how to get this to work!
All hints are appreciated :)

Thanks a lot in advance,
Markus