I've managed to build OOo from the standard sources. I've specified
--with-lang="de" and was hoping to get an OpenOffice whose GUI I could
switch between US English and German. However I ended up with 2
independent directories with a full set of .deb packages in each
directory. The German packages only install the German language and
the English set presumably only the English language.

What do I have to do to either build a set of packages that will
install both languages at the same time or alternatively how do I
build a language pack that will add another language?

Matthias