tora - Takamichi Akiyama wrote:

> The problem is that users in the world could not be I.
> I can follow your suggestion, but what about tremendous number of casual
> users all over the world?

Well, sometimes we must protect users from shooting themselves into
their foot (ore somewhere else). :-)

If the readonly state of plugged files is a problem perhaps it shouldn't
be installed by default.

But I can't understand the problem. In the world of the internet it's
usual that files are viewed, not editied. So an odt file serves the same
purpose as an html,txt or pdf file.

> Another scenario:
>  The Human Resource in a traditional company (*1) sent to all employees
>  an e-mail commanding them open and fill an document, print, and submit it.
>  The document can be obtained from \\Fileserver\Path\Filename.
>
>  User A opens the document under normal mode.
>  User B opens it under read-only mode.
>  User C opens it under read-only mode.
>
>  The users B, C, and the rest are not given meaningful information on the
>  situation. They face "read-only." They are warned with a message
>  "This document cannot be edited, possibly due to missing access right.
>  Do you want to edit a copy of the document?" upon clicking on an icon
>  "Edit file." The similar situation still happens.

Yes. Sorry, but it's stupid to put a document on a file server and let
it open by everybody. Do you really want to have the private data of a
user stored into this document so that the next user can read them?

They should use a template instead. This will give every user a new
instance of the document that they can save on their own disk. The file
on the server *must* be read-only. I would even make it read-only for
the first user by removing write access from it.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".