newbe wrote:

> Hi
> I am trying to identify embedded objects in a openoffice doc with out having
> to open it. I can enumerate a doc and find object1 , obect2 ect. However I
> can not find a way to identify what program the embedded objects belong to
> ie impress, calc or even execel if it is a word doc.
> Can any one help me out or advise me on what to look at in the API that may
> achieve this. I would also be grateful for any examples or links to examples
> that would help explain how to do this.

Currently this is a little bit awkward. Each EmbeddedObject in Writer or
OLEShape in the other applications has a property "ClassId" that
identifies the type of object. The ClassId is unique for each type of
object but IIRC there are no definitions for the possible values available.

Internally we also have the better property "MediaType" that gives
readable type names but it's not available via API.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".