Clemens Eisserer wrote:
What do you think about writing out a summer-of-code slot this year
for enhancing VCL.
VCL itself is a great toolkit and I guess because of
not-existing-manpower it will be used for another couple of years, but
I think it lacks some features of modern toolkits.

Ah, a diplomat :-)

Some areas which could be improved:
- Performance. Sometimes slow, sometimes bad feeling. E.g. menus in
OpenOffice, Support for doublebuffering

Both valid. The menu thing may extend to framework, though.

- Layout Managers. Implement Layout-Managers (already existing?) and
adopt important dialogs to use them.

A long term wish of mine. There even were two attempts at writing Layouting code, one by mmeeks, one by cmc. Both had already progressed to a demo dialog. However there was no resolution about which way to go finally.

- I am not a VCL experts but maybe there are additional things to be done?

Doing the above things could easily fill a summer :-)

As pavel mentioned we should continue any discussion about this in [EMAIL
PROTECTED]

Kind regards, pl

--
If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day;
if you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime.