Erick Butler Poletto schrieb:
Hi there,

I am a 4th year Computer Engineering student in Brazil and wish to
participate in the OpenOffice effort. I know C and Java languages
(intermediate level, I suppose) but, as a fast learner, it is possible for
me to learn C++ by myself.

Do you have any project which is related to development and that fits with
my background?
Hi Erick,

First you should look for a project where you want to contribute. There are several projects with different requirements and needs. The list of OpenOffice.org projects can be found here:
http://projects.openoffice.org/index.html

You can find a list of to dos on the following OpenOffice.org web page:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/To-Dos

If you have found a project that you want to join, you should write a mail to the project lead and ask for help. You should be aware that most of the OpenOffice.org code is written in C++.

Please don't forget to read the following web page about legal requirements to contribute code:
http://contributing.openoffice.org/programming.html

Regards,
Carsten

--
Carsten Driesner (cd) - Project Lead OpenOffice.org Framework
Framework wiki: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer