Hi!

I am very excited with the prospect of being able to fully replace my MS Office dependency with an evolving relationship with OpenOffice.org. However, I have one small requirement that limits me from switching right now.

I work a lot with Tibetan Unicode. Normally I create or edit texts in MS Word. Word 2003 has support for the complex font stacking (kind of like Japanese) that is prevalent in Tibetan.

As of now there are several workarounds to get OOo to pretty much work with Tibetan Unicode. None of them work without flaw though. I and a friend of mine are interested and willing to help in implementing Tibetan Unicode properly in OOo. I am pretty sure that this will not be too involved, as he has already worked through this process once with Microsoft in correcting their implementation of Tibetan Unicode in Word 2007.

Please put me in touch with a project manager / developer that is affiliated with the text formating functionality of OOo. I am not concerned with the internationalization of the GUI, but am concerned about how OOo draws the stacked fonts, breaks the line wrapping in the correct places (not in the middle of words) and places the cursor correctly on the screen in relationship to where it will insert text.

Thanks for you help. I am looking forward to working with you guys.
-Dejung Gewissler