Hello,

I've submitted two proposals for OpenOffice.org:
* Implement Subpixel-AA for OpenOffice
* Imrpove VCL

The first is focused on implementing subpixel antialiased fonts in
OpenOffice (also called cleartype, ...). This improves readability and
font-quality on LCD displays.

The second is focused on improving VCL in general:
* Extend/Create layout managers  and use them in "real" dialogs.
Currently most dialogs in OpenOffice don't use a layout-manager and
therefor are fixed-size.
* Improve VCL's performance and perceived performance/user-feedback.
Somtimes VCL feels a bit slow (e.g. openoffice's menus).
* Play arround with optional double buffering, to make painting more smooth.

I hope a few devs/mentors like my ideas - if you've ideas howto extend
the proposals to fit them better the existing needs please let me
know.

Is there a special place at OpenOffice.org to discuss the proposals? I
am getting a bit nervous now that google has assigned slots to the
projects ;)

Thank you in advance, lg Clemens