Hi Stephan,

Stephan Bergmann schrieb:
Hi all,

A Should inter-module includes generally be "module/header" instead of just "header"? Then the current hedaburemove01 changes would be a pragmatic hack---instead of changing tons of include lines in tons of source files, change a single line that magically extends the search path wherever necessary (and also where not necessary). If this is the ideal state, the drawback of the hedaburemove01 changes is that they potentially move us further away from that state---new code can introduce sloppy includes of just "header" that should be "module/header", even in modules where this would have been caught before.

Others?

Definitely A. I alraedy did that with new code for a while (using "module/header") and it make life much easier. It's not only clearer, but also allows migration of module parts to other or new modules much simpler. Actually, i am surprised that the "header" -> "module/header" transition was not part of the change already. I see that a script doing this is not trivial, but still non-ambigous with the knowledge about the current include structure...

Regards, Armin Le Grand (AW)
Armin.Le.Grand(at)sun.com