Travis Athougies, 01-05-2007 21:22:
Now i heard that gcj gives an out of memory error on linux and makes it kill
a process because it is a bad resource hog. Is this true? Have you built it
with only gcj and what path did you use for --with-jdk-home?

I've built it using gcc, g++ and gcj 4.1.

I haven't seen any out of memory errors (well... I've 2GB of memory).

Well.. I actually don't need to use with-jdk-home, since gcj already is the default of my system.
java-gcj-compat-dev takes care of this on Debian.

If you install gcj and be able to use it through "javac" OOo should be able to guess the right dir.
Otherwise pointing to the root dir of the gcj installation should be enough.