and Mathias Bauer wrote:

> We shouldn't raise even more barriers to contribution.

This basically circles around the same problem. Tinderbox & BuildBot2
in principle are capable of doing just that. But yeah, having a build
in two hours and a test only after two days appears a bit misbalanced
to me as well.

I don't think that, given a solution as outlined above, this
additional CWS exit criterion adds noticeable process overhead -
whether the CWS process in itself could be made more light-weight is
another question (a development code line comes to mind here, from
which the stable branch could cherry-pick features that are
sufficiently mature...)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten